At Floor Source we offer a wide array of choices for your new hardwood flooring from some of the finest hardwood manufacturers in every kind of color and style you can think of. We focus on prefinished wood flooring due to the unparalleled finish of the instant UV cured polyurethane coats with aluminum oxide that cannot be replicated in the field.
Today, there are numerous hardwood flooring options from narrow width to wide 10 inch planks, solid to engineered composition, domestic and exotic wood species, hand scraped and distressed finishes. While the box stores and discounters products seem good enough, in reality hardwood is one of the biggest investments and improvements you can make in your house.
Short lengths, discoloration and defects are a huge concern once the boxes are opened and the flooring is installed- It pays to invest in a quality floor that’s been properly cared for with respect to humidity and installed professionally.
Let us lead you through the decision making process of which hardwood flooring is just right for you. We love hardwood flooring, let us show you why.
- Do not damp mop- use a dust mop with a cotton head
- Never wax a urethane floor
- Purchase floor protectors and use rugs in high traffic areas
- Do not use oil soaps, ammonia, or dust cleaners, they may damage the finish of wood floor; use Armstrong solution included
- Wipe spills immediately
- Vacuum regularly using an attachment (not a vacuum with a beater bar) and keep pets nails trimmed. Grit, dirt and pet nails can scratch the finish of your wood floor’s finish